A Tradition Started by Henry James Jr.
1957 – 1959: Following service as an infantryman in the Korean War, Henry James Jr. settles in Charlotte, NC, after graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law. He begins his law practice as an associate with one of the largest firms in the city.
1959 – 1969: Henry James Jr. partners with a young lawyer from another large law firm in the city, forming the beginnings of James, McElroy & Diehl. With an interest in business and securities law, James concentrates the firm’s practice areas on business, securities and commercial real estate. Over the next ten years, it experiences steady growth.
1969 – Present: Bill Diehl and Pender McElroy join the firm in 1969. Over the next 40+ years, James, McElroy & Diehl attract a high degree of recognition and respect from their peers and clients alike. The firm continues to expand its offering, add partners and associates, and fulfill its commitment to community and pro bono work.
In 2009, James, McElroy & Diehl celebrated its 50th anniversary.