Adam L. Ross
A practicing litigator in Charlotte since 2003, Adam Ross earned his Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law. He joined James, McElroy & Diehl immediately following law school, and became a partner in the firm in 2008.
Adam handles a wide variety of complex civil litigation matters, including business disputes, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, shareholder conflicts, real property disputes, securities litigation, insurance coverage disputes, contract disputes, and employment matters – with a special focus on conflicts related to covenants not to compete. A significant portion of Adam’s practice also includes representing automobile dealerships, and professional motorsports team owners and drivers (NASCAR, NHRA, and AMA) in various litigation matters.
Adam recognizes that his clients seek both a strong advocate and a frank and honest advisor. While litigation is sometimes unavoidable, Adam works with clients (both individuals and businesses) to find ways to resolve disputes before they escalate to litigation, and takes pride in helping his clients make smart business decisions designed to protect their bottom line.
Adam is peer review rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell, and was named a Super Lawyer in Business Litigation by North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine in 2018. He was previously named as a “Rising Star” by North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine each year from 2011 – 2017, in addition to being named to Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” in 2016 for Litigation.
Adam has argued on multiple occasions before the North Carolina Court of Appeals, and is admitted to practice before all North Carolina state trial, appellate and federal courts.
Recent client testimonial: Joe Gibbs Racing, Motocross
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 2003
- B.A., Psychology, with Distinction, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States District Court, for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of North Carolina
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg Bar Association
- North Carolina Super Lawyer in Business Litigation – 2018 edition
- Named to the “North Carolina Rising Stars” 2011-2018 editions – Business Litigation
- Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” in 2016 – Litigation
- Designated “Young Gun (Best Under 40)” by Business North Carolina Legal Elite 2012
- Graduate of the Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute
- Peer review rated AV, by Martindale-Hubbell