Bruce M. Simpson
A practicing attorney in Charlotte since 1978, Bruce Simpson earned his Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and the North Carolina Law Review. Since joining James, McElroy and Diehl in 1990, Bruce’s practice has focused on civil litigation, and labor and employment disputes.
Bruce is also certified to conduct mediated settlement conferences in the Superior Courts of North Carolina, and he often serves as arbitrator and mediator in front of alternative dispute resolution forums.
Raised in Union County, Bruce and his wife, Kathy, have three children. His interests include tennis, basketball and other sports. He is also an active member of the Sardis Presbyterian Church where he teaches Youth Sunday School.
- J.D., with Honors, University of North Carolina School of Law, 1978
- B.A., Davidson College, 1975
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association