Claire J. Samuels
Claire Samuels joined James, McElroy & Diehl in 2007 and became a partner in the firm in 2012. Claire’s practice primarily focuses on the issues of child custody, child support, spousal support (post separation support and alimony), equitable distribution, and domestic violence.
Claire is a certified Collaborative Law Attorney and a member of the Charlotte Collaborative Divorce Professionals. As a child of divorce, Claire understands the emotional and financial impact divorce can have on families. She is committed to supporting and educating divorcing parents on alternative resolutions that will empower them to resolve their legal and financial disputes while preserving the civility that allows them to effectively co-parent their children. In cases requiring litigation, Claire brings her experience to the courtroom and is a zealous advocate for her clients.
Claire’s passion for helping families in crisis extends beyond her professional life. Over the years, she has worked with numerous non-profit organizations serving women and children. Claire is a member of the Women’s Impact Fund and currently serves on the Charlotte Community Leadership Council for the Children’s Home Society of North Carolina. Claire also served on the task force of the eNOugh Campaign to End Domestic Violence and supports the Jamie Kimble Foundation for Courage which is committed to raising awareness and ultimately putting an end to domestic violence before it begins.
Claire also enjoys spending time with her family and friends, running and practicing yoga.
- J.D., Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, 2006
- B.A., Psychology, University of Missouri, 2002
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- Missouri State Bar
- Kansas State Bar
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Charlotte Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Charlotte Women’s Bar, Past Board Member
- Charlotte Women Attorneys
- Children’s Home Society of North Carolina, Charlotte Community Leadership Council
- Good Friends Charlotte, Member
- The Jamie Kimble Foundation for Courage, Circle of Courage Member
- Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Past Chair of the Family Law Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute Graduate
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- North Carolina Association of Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Nurse-Family Partnership-Care Ring, Community Advisory Board
- St. Peter’s Catholic Church
- Women’s Impact Fund
- 2018-2019 Incoming Chair of the Events and Logistics Committee for the Women’s Impact Fund