Gena Graham Morris
Gena grew up in Charlotte, North Carolina. She graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the Campbell University School of Law. She has been certified by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization as a Specialist in Family Law since 1997. She is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Gena has served two terms on the North Carolina Bar Association Family Law Council. She has also served as Treasurer of the North Carolina American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Gena has made countless presentations at Continuing Legal Education seminars.
Gena has volunteered representing children as a Guardian ad Litem for the Council for Children’s Rights and its predecessor, the Children’s Law Center, for over 25 years.
Gena practiced Family Law at Horack, Talley, Pharr & Lowndes for 18 years before joining James, McElroy and Diehl.
- J.D., Campbell University School of Law, 1992
- B.A., English and Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1987
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- North Carolina Chapter, Executive Committee, 2015
- North Carolina Chapter, Treasurer, 2015
North Carolina Bar Association
- Certified Family Law Specialist, NC State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, since 1997
- Family Law Section, former two-term Council member
Mecklenburg County Bar
- Guardian Ad Litem for Council for Children’s Rights
- Guardian Ad Litem for Children’s Law Center
- AV® Preeminent™ rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America©, family law, 2008, 2011, 2013- 2018, Woodward/White, Inc.
- Super Lawyers, 2006-2018
- Super Lawyers, North Carolina Top 50 Women, 2010, 2013-2018
- Super Lawyers, North Carolina Top 100, 2015
- Legal Elite, Family Law, Business North Carolina, 2016, 2017, 2018