J. Alex Heroy
Originally from Greensboro, North Carolina, Alex Heroy joined James, McElroy & Diehl after earning his Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law. While in law school, Alex served as staff member, and article and notes editor of the North Carolina Banking Institute Journal. In 2008, the Journal published his article entitled “Other People’s Money: How a Time-Gap in Credit Reporting May Lead to Fraud”. He also clerked for the Honorable Wallace Dixon, United States District Court Magistrate Judge for the Middle District of North Carolina, during the Spring term of 2009.
Alex has also lived in Milan, Italy, where he taught English to businesses and corporations, small classes, and individuals. He is conversational in Italian and fluent in Spanish.
Since joining James, McElroy & Diehl in 2009, Alex has focused his practice on civil litigation.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Spanish, Cum Laude, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, 2005
- B.S., Business Administration, Cum Laude, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States District Court, All Districts of North Carolina
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Plaza Midwood Neighborhood Association Treasurer (2012-2013), Board Member (2010-2013)
- NC Earth Share Advisory Board