John R. Buric
A native of Berkeley, California, John Buric has been practicing law with James, McElroy and Diehl since receiving his Juris Doctor in 1995. John currently represents contractors and owners in complex construction disputes, often dealing with complicated surety issues. He also represents clients before various state boards such as the Board of General Contractors, Board of Architects and Board of Plumbers. John has conducted numerous arbitrations through the American Arbitration Association, the National Association of Securities Dealers, and through other private arbitration groups. He is frequently invited to speak on topics related to his practice areas.
Prior to law school, John spent six years in the Navy, including service aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise. After his military service, he attended North Carolina State University where he received his Civil Engineering Degree, with a Construction Option, cum laude in 1992.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1995
- B.S., Civil Engineering-Construction Option, Cum Laude, North Carolina State University, 1992
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court, All District of North Carolina
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Named 2010 Business North Carolina “Legal Elite” – Construction