Jonathan D. Feit
Jonathan Feit received his Bachelor of Arts from Auburn University and his Juris Doctor from the University of Tennessee College of Law. After several years working for a large law firm in the Mid-west, he clerked for the Mecklenburg County, North Carolina District & Superior Court Judges in 1999 and joined James, McElroy & Diehl in 2001.
Jonathan is a family law lawyer and his primary practice areas involve child custody, child support, spousal support, domestic violence and equitable distribution.
Jonathan is a frequent speaker at continuing legal education seminars throughout the State for family law lawyers; he volunteers for a number of non-profit organizations in the area; serves on the Development Committee of the North Carolina Blumenthal Performing Arts Center; and is an annual presenter for the Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools Academic Internship Program.
Jonathan is an avid college football fan and enjoys spending time with his family, traveling and playing golf.
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law, 2001
- B.A., Auburn University, 1996
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Named to the “North Carolina Super Lawyers” 2017 editions – Family Law
- AV® Preeminent™ rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to Law & Politics Magazine’s “Super Lawyers” in 2014-2016 (Family Law)
- Named to Law & Politics Magazine’s “North Carolina Super Lawyers – Rising Star” in 2009, 2011 – 2013 (Family Law)
- Named to Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” in 2008, 2012 – 2017 (Family Law)
- North Carolina Bar Association – Family Law Council (3 year term)
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute Graduate
- 2017 list of Legal Elite published by Business North Carolina magazine
- 2016 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 2016 list of Legal Elite published by Business North Carolina magazine
- 2015 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Jonathan Feit elected to Family Law Section Council of the N.C.B.A.
- 2014 list of Legal Elite published by Business North Carolina magazine
- Super Lawyers 2014 and Rising Stars 2014