Alexa M. Voss
Alexa Voss focuses her practice on family law, including issues related to divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, equitable distribution, and domestic violence. After clerking for James, McElroy & Diehl during law school, Alexa joined the firm upon graduation. Alexa is licensed to practice law in both North Carolina and South Carolina.
Alexa received her Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law. While in law school, Alexa was a recipient of the Outstanding Family Law Student Award for 2019 in recognition of her leadership and excellence in the advancement of family law. A member of the North Carolina Law Review, Alexa also participated in the Civil Legal Assistance Clinic during her third year of school. In addition, Alexa served as a Mentor for the Carolina Public Interest Law Organization, a Dean’s Fellow Co-Coordinator, and a Mentor/Mentee Coordinator for the Women in Law Chapter at UNC School of Law.
Alexa interned for the Department of Social Services with the Durham County Attorney’s Office during law school, focusing specifically on juvenile abuse, neglect, and dependency cases. She also served as a volunteer for the Chapel Hill Community Legal Project and Law Students Against Sexual and Domestic Violence. Overall, Alexa had more than 100 hours of pro bono service during law school.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 2019
- B.A., Journalism and Political Science, magna cum laude, Syracuse University, 2015
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
- Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Family Law Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Pro Bono & Legal Recruitment Committee
- Council for Children’s Rights, Custody Advocacy Program, Volunteer Attorney and Custody Advocate
- Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy, Pro Bono Attorney
- The Pauli Murray LGBTQ+ Bar Association
- Outstanding Family Law Student Award, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, North Carolina Chapter, 2019