After clerking for James, McElroy & Diehl during law school, Alexandra Bachman joined the firm upon graduation. She focuses her practice on civil litigation of all types.
Alexandra graduated cum laude from the University of Delaware, with Bachelor of Arts degrees in both English and Languages, Literatures, and Cultures. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law. While in law school, Alexandra was a Note Editor for the First Amendment Law Review. Her article, “WTF? First Amendment Implications of Policing Profanity,” 17 FIRST AMEND. L. REV. 65 (2018), was selected for publication in 2018. Alexandra’s article won the inaugural James R. Cleary Prize for published scholarly articles on media law and policy related topics in 2018.
Originally from Maryland, Alexandra grew up in New York and presently resides in the Lake Norman area. Competitive in all things, she enjoys dominating Trivial Pursuit, cards, and other games. Professionally fluent in German, Alexandra is also conversationally fluent in movie quotes.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 2019
- B.A., English; B.A., Languages, Literatures, and Cultures, cum laude, University of Delaware, December 2015
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- James R. Cleary Prize, University of North Carolina Center for Media Law and Policy (UNC Law and UNC School of Journalism and Media), 2018
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™ in Commercial Litigation, 2021-2023
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™ in Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, 2023