Amanda M. Wright
To whom much is given, much is expected. This quote shapes Amanda’s personal and professional philosophy. Amanda focuses her practice in family law, including child custody, child support, spousal support, equitable distribution, domestic violence, and marital contracts. Amanda has represented clients in the resolution of domestic cases through the court system, mediation, arbitration and the collaborative process. Amanda understands the gravity and impact of each decision that is made through the resolution process. She handles each case with care and intention.
A 2019 graduate of the Bar Leadership Institute, Amanda serves on the Mecklenburg County Bar’s Judicial Nominating Committee and Communications Committee.
Amanda is also a fierce advocate and defender of civil rights. Amanda graduated cum laude from North Carolina Central University School of Law, where she had the opportunity to work for Julius Chambers’ Center for Civil Rights. Amanda also spent time on the Hill as a legal intern for the late Senator Kay Hagan. Amanda currently serves on the Legislative Committee for the Democratic Women of North Carolina.
Amanda enjoys spending her personal time in the fight to end systemic racism. Amanda is part of the local group of pro bono attorneys representing local activists. Amanda has a passion for serving as a conduit of change between the community, grassroots movements and the legal system.
- J.D., cum laude, North Carolina Central University School of Law, 2012
- B.A., Psychology and Criminal Justice, cum laude, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County. Bar
- Charlotte. Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Democratic Women of North Carolina
- Democratic Women of Mecklenburg County
- African-American Caucus of Mecklenburg County Democratic Party
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute Graduate, 2019