Amanda M. Wright
To whom much is given, much is expected. This quote shapes Amanda’s personal and professional philosophy. Amanda focuses her practice in family law, including child custody, child support, spousal support, equitable distribution, domestic violence, and marital contracts. Amanda has represented clients in the resolution of domestic cases through the court system, mediation, arbitration and the collaborative process. Amanda understands the gravity and impact of each decision that is made through the resolution process. She handles each case with care and intention.
A 2019 graduate of the Bar Leadership Institute, Amanda has served on the Mecklenburg County Bar’s Judicial Nominating Committee and Communications Committee.
Amanda is also a fierce advocate and defender of civil rights. Amanda graduated cum laude from North Carolina Central University School of Law, where she had the opportunity to work for Julius Chambers’ Center for Civil Rights. Amanda also spent time on the Hill as a legal intern for the late Senator Kay Hagan.
Amanda has a passion for serving as a conduit of change between the community, grassroots movements and the legal system.
- J.D., cum laude, North Carolina Central University School of Law, 2012
- B.A., Psychology and Criminal Justice, cum laude, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Family Law and Young Lawyers Sections
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law and Young Lawyers Sections
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute Graduate, 2019
- New Leaders Council Fellow, 2021 https://www.newleaderscouncil.org/chapter/north-carolina/
- North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Family Law, 2022-2024
- Four JMD Attorneys Selected to the 2023 NC Super Lawyers Rising Stars List
- 10 JMD Attorneys Selected to the 2022 NC Super Lawyers List
- Alex Heroy And Amanda Wright Among Civil Rights Attorneys To Push CMPD Policy Changes Protecting Protestors From Police Violence
- Amanda Wright To Serve On NCBA Task Force on Integration, Equity, and Equal Justice