Beth T. Hondros
In her twenty years practicing family law at JMD, Beth has gained substantial trial experience assisting clients in the successful resolution of hundreds of family law cases. Her practice focuses on complex family law cases including equitable distribution, high conflict child custody, child support, spousal support, domestic violence, premarital agreements, alienation of affection and criminal conversation cases.
Beth regularly and zealously represents clients in the courtroom, arbitration proceedings, and at mediated settlement conferences, and is equally comfortable in each of these environments. She provides a level of service tailored to meet each client’s specific goals and works enthusiastically and diligently to achieve them.
Beth has been recognized as a leading family law attorney by Best Lawyers in America, an esteemed peer reviewed guide to the legal profession. She frequently speaks to members of the legal community at continuing legal education seminars on topics of family law.
Beth received her Bachelor of Science from Guilford College and her Juris Doctorate from Wake Forest University School of Law. She clerked for the Honorable Hugh A. Wells of the North Carolina Court of Appeals from 1993 – 1994 and joined James, McElroy and Diehl in 1994. She and her husband lived in Greece from late 2003 – 2009, where she enjoyed the experience of an American expatriate living in Europe. She continued the practice of law in Greece, representing the United States Olympic Committee related to the 2004 Athens Olympic Games, as well as other American clients. She also worked at an international firm, Ince and Co, before returning to the firm in the Fall of 2009 and resuming the practice of family law.
In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family and traveling.
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 1993
- B.S., Political Science, Guilford College, 1990
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Family Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Best Lawyers in America© in Family Law, 2021-2023
- Best Lawyers in America© 2023 Honors James, McElroy & Diehl Attorneys
- Latest Update: JMD and COVID-19
- Custody and Visitation Recommendations During COVID-19
- Beth T. Hondros Featured by National Business Institute as CLE Speaker on Family Law
- National Business Institute Features JMD Partner Beth T. Hondros as CLE Speaker on Family Law
- JMD on the Radio