Caroline D Weyandt
Caroline (“Carrie”) Weyandt is a magna cum laude graduate of Auburn University. She earned her Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law, where she served as Senior Notes and Comments Editor of the Wake Forest Law Review. While in law school, Carrie was also a member of the Moot Court Board, where she competed as a member on the Gabrielli National Family Law Moot Court Team; worked as a research assistant for Dean Suzanne Reynolds in researching and editing her North Carolina Family Law treatise; and served as a teaching assistant and Academic Engagement Group Leader for various subjects.
Following a summer clerkship with James, McElroy, & Diehl in the summer of 2015, Carrie joined the firm as an associate in 2016. In 2021, she became a partner.
Carrie’s practice focuses exclusively on family law, including issues related to child custody, child support, spousal support, equitable distribution, and domestic violence, as well as the issues of alienation of affection and criminal conversation.
Outside of the office, Carrie is a member of Myers Park United Methodist Church. An avid supporter of the arts, she serves on the Board of Directors for several local arts organizations, including the Charlotte Choir School and Festival in the Park. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with her husband and young son.
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2016
- B.A., magna cum laude, History and Theatre, Auburn University, 2013
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law and Young Lawyers Sections
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Family Law and Young Lawyers Sections
- The Rose Council, Wake Forest University School of Law
- The Choir School at St.Peter’s, Board of Directors, Vice President
- Festival in the Park, Board of Directors
- Arts and Science Council Cultural Leadership Training (CLT) program, 2019-2020
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute Graduate, 2021
- North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Family Law, 2023
- Four JMD Attorneys Selected to the 2023 NC Super Lawyers Rising Stars List
- Carrie Weyandt and Jon Burns Chosen for Mecklenburg Bar Leadership Institute
- Carrie Weyandt Appointed to the Board of Directors of the Choir School at St.Peters
- Carrie Weyandt Appointed to the Board of Directors of Festival in the Park
- Latest Update: JMD and COVID-19
- Custody and Visitation Recommendations During COVID-19
- Arts & Science Council Chooses Carrie Daniel for Cultural Leadership Training Program
- Blumenthal Performing Arts Spotlights James, McElroy & Diehl Sponsorship Initiative