Caroline D Weyandt
Caroline “Carrie” Weyandt joined James, McElroy & Diehl in 2016. Her practice is primarily focused in the area of family law, including issues related to child custody, child support, spousal support, equitable distribution, and domestic violence.
Carrie is a magna cum laude graduate of Auburn University, where she received Bachelor of Arts degrees in both History and Theatre. She earned her Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law, where she served as Senior Notes and Comments Editor of the Wake Forest Law Review. While in law school, Carrie was also a member of the Moot Court Board, where she competed as a member on the Gabrielli National Family Law Moot Court Team; worked as a research assistant for Dean Suzanne Reynolds in researching and editing her North Carolina Family Law treatise; and served as a teaching assistant and Academic Engagement Group Leader for various subjects.
In addition to a summer clerkship with JMD in the summer of 2015, Carrie also completed internships with the Children’s Law Center of Central North Carolina and the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Unit of the Madison County, Alabama District Attorney’s Office.
Carrie is a member of Myers Park United Methodist Church, and enjoys reading, exploring the arts community in Charlotte, and spending time with family, friends, and her yellow lab, Bo.
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2016
- B.A., magna cum laude, History and Theatre, Auburn University, 2013
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law and Young Lawyers Sections
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Family Law and Young Lawyers Sections
- The Rose Council, Wake Forest University School of Law
- The Choir School at St.Peter’s, Board of Directors
- Festival in the Park, Board of Directors
- Arts and Science Council Cultural Leadership Training (CLT) program, 2019-2020