Christopher T. Hood
Chris Hood focuses his practice on general and commercial civil litigation. Since 2010, Chris has represented a variety of businesses and individuals before state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as the North Carolina Business Court. He works closely with clients to develop a tailored strategy customized to their unique business or personal needs, helping his clients approach formidable legal challenges with confidence.
Chris was recently named for a sixth year to North Carolina Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in general litigation for 2020.
Prior to joining James, McElroy & Diehl, Chris practiced in Charlotte and represented individual and corporate clients in both general and domestic litigation and appeals. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy from Wake Forest University, and earned his Juris Doctor from Campbell University’s Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law.
- J.D., Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University, 2010
- B.A., Philosophy, Wake Forest University, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association (Young Lawyers Division, Membership Chair, 2011-2015)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in General Litigation, 2020
- North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Construction Litigation, 2018-2019
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite in Family Law, 2016
- North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Family Law, 2014-2016