Christopher T. Hood
Chris Hood focuses his practice on civil litigation and appeals. Over the last nine years, Chris has represented a variety of businesses and individuals in litigation before both trial and appellate state courts. He works closely with clients to develop a tailored strategy customized to their unique business or personal needs, giving his clients the ability to approach formidable legal challenges with confidence.
Chris was recently named for a fifth year to North Carolina Super Lawyers in various areas, including as a “Rising Star” in 2018 and 2019.
Prior to joining James, McElroy & Diehl, Chris practiced with another Charlotte law firm and also previously handled litigation and appeals in family law matters. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy from Wake Forest University, and earned his Juris Doctor from Campbell University’s Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law.
- J.D., Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University, 2010
- B.A., Philosophy, Wake Forest University, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Charlotte Succession, Nonprofit Community Organization
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association (Young Lawyers Division, Membership Chair, 2011-2015)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Construction Litigation, 2018-2019
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite in Family Law, 2016
- North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Family Law, 2014-2016