Claire J. Samuels
Claire Samuels joined James, McElroy & Diehl in 2007 and became a partner in the firm in 2012. Claire’s practice encompasses premarital agreements, separation agreements, equitable distribution, spousal support, child support, child custody, alienation of affection and criminal conversation.
Claire is a certified Collaborative Law Attorney and a member of the Charlotte Collaborative Divorce Professionals. As a child of divorce, Claire understands the emotional and financial impact divorce can have on families. She is committed to supporting and educating divorcing parents on alternative resolutions that will empower them to resolve their legal and financial disputes while preserving the civility that allows them to effectively co-parent their children. In cases requiring litigation, Claire brings her experience to the courtroom and is a zealous advocate for her clients.
Claire’s passion for helping families in crisis extends beyond her professional life. Over the years, she has worked with numerous non-profit organizations serving women and children. Claire is a member of the Board of Directors of Women’s Impact Fund and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Jamie Kimble Foundation for Courage, the Board of Directors for the Mecklenburg County Bar Foundation, and the Charlotte Community Leadership Council for the Children’s Home Society of North Carolina. She is also a member of Good Friends Charlotte and previously served on the task force of the eNOugh Campaign to End Domestic Violence.
Claire enjoys spending time with her family and friends, running and practicing yoga.
- J.D., Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, 2006
- B.A., Psychology, University of Missouri, 2002
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- Missouri State Bar
- Kansas State Bar
- Charlotte Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Women’s Impact Fund, Board of Directors, and Chair, Events & Logistics Committee
- Children’s Home Society of North Carolina, Charlotte Community Leadership Council
- The Jamie Kimble Foundation for Courage, Board of Directors and Circle of Courage Member
- Good Friends Charlotte, Member
- Mecklenburg County Bar Foundation, Board of Directors
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Past Chair of the Family Law Section
- Charlotte Women’s Bar, Past Board Member
- Charlotte Women Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- North Carolina Association of Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Nurse-Family Partnership-Care Ring, Past Member of the Community Advisory Board
- American Bar Association
- Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority
- St. Peter’s Catholic Church
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute, 2013