J. Alex Heroy
Alex Heroy focuses his practice on civil litigation of all types, with a concentration on complex personal injury, non-traditional medical malpractice, and business disputes. For more than 10 years, he has been dedicated to helping individuals and their families obtain fair and just compensation. Alex continues to build upon his more than $25 million in settlements and jury verdicts for his clients, often defeating big-name corporations and other influential defendants.
Originally from Greensboro, North Carolina, Alex joined James, McElroy & Diehl in 2009 after earning his Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law. While in law school, Alex served as staff member, and article and notes editor of the North Carolina Banking Institute Journal. In 2008, the Journal published his article entitled “Other People’s Money: How a Time-Gap in Credit Reporting May Lead to Fraud.”
Alex clerked for the Honorable Wallace Dixon, United States District Court Magistrate Judge for the Middle District of North Carolina, during the Spring of 2009.
Conversational in Italian and fluent in Spanish, Alex has lived in Milan, Italy, where he taught English to businesses and corporations, small classes, and individuals.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Spanish, Cum Laude, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, 2005
- B.S., Business Administration, Cum Laude, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States District Court, All Districts of North Carolina
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Plaza Midwood Neighborhood Association Treasurer (2012-2013), Board Member (2010-2016)
- NC Earth Share Advisory Board
- Myers Park Trinity Little League, Baseball Coach
- Church Confirmation Leader and Teacher
- “North Carolina Rising Stars” in General Litigation, 2019
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute, 2014
- Eleven James, McElroy & Diehl Attorneys Named 2019 N.C. Super Lawyers
- $7 Million Jury Award Secured by James, McElroy & Diehl on Behalf of NC Trooper Injured in I-40 Bus Crash
- Alex Heroy prevails on behalf of a victim of sexual assault in trial against Charlotte doctor and clinic, leading to a jury award of $2.2m
- 2014 class of the Bar Leadership Institute