John Paul Tsahakis
After receiving his Bachelor of Arts from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, John Paul Tsahakis spent a year abroad working in Greece, the birthplace of three of his four grandparents. He returned to Chapel Hill in 2006 to earn his Juris Doctor at the University of North Carolina School of Law, where he was an active member of the Holderness Moot Court Bench. In 2009, John Paul had the honor of competing in the National Environmental Moot Court Competition in New York.
Raised in Charlotte, John Paul moved back to Charlotte directly following law school to join James, McElroy & Diehl, P.A. (JMD) in September of 2009. John Paul became a partner in the firm in 2014. At JMD, John Paul focuses his practice on issues relating to child custody, child support, spousal support (post separation support and alimony), equitable distribution, and domestic violence. John Paul has participated in the resolution of a multitude of domestic disputes as lead counsel, both through the intervention of the court system and by way of the mediation process.
Outside of work, John Paul enjoys spending time with his wife and children, as well as his large extended family. He and his family are members of St. Nektarios Greek Orthodox Church. In addition to cheering on the Tar Heels in all sports, the Tsahakis family follows the Carolina Panthers with keen interest.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 2009
- B.A., History, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina Bar
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- AV® Preeminent™ rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite in Family Law, 2018 and 2019
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute Graduate, 2014