Jon P. Carroll
After graduating from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Jon earned his Juris Doctor from Campbell University School of Law, where he was a Notes and Comments editor for the Campbell Law Review. A member of the Campbell Moot Court Team, Jon was Campbell’s 2005 recipient of the Safran Moot Court Award.
A native of Charlotte, Jon moved back home in September 2005 to join James, McElroy & Diehl. Jon became a partner in 2014. He currently practices complex civil and business litigation, contract disputes, shareholder disputes, disputes involving restrictive covenants and homeowners’ associations, debt collection and construction litigation.
In his spare time, Jon serves as the Chair of the Board of Directors for Hope Haven, a local nonprofit organization that provides substance abuse treatment and recovery services for Charlotte’s homeless population. Jon is also a previous Chair of the Mecklenburg County Bar’s Bar Leadership Institute (BLI) Committee.
- J.D., Campbell University School of Law, 2005
- B.A., Philosophy, University North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Chair of the Bar Leadership Institute Committee, 2014-2015
- Hope Haven, Inc., Board of Directors
- Named to the “North Carolina Rising Stars” 2012 – 2019 editions – Business Litigation
- Named to the “North Carolina Rising Stars” 2011 edition – Civil Litigation Defense
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute, 2011 Graduate