Jonathan D. Feit
Jonathan Feit received his Bachelor of Arts from Auburn University and his Juris Doctor from the University of Tennessee College of Law. After several years working for a large law firm in the Mid-west, he clerked for the Mecklenburg County, North Carolina District & Superior Court Judges in 1999 and joined James, McElroy & Diehl in 2001.
Jonathan is a family law lawyer and his primary practice areas involve child custody, child support, spousal support, domestic violence and equitable distribution.
Jonathan is a frequent speaker at continuing legal education seminars throughout the State for family law lawyers; volunteers for a number of non-profit organizations in the area; serves on the Board of Trustees and the Development Committee for the Blumenthal Performing Arts; and is a regular presenter for the Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools Academic Internship Program.
Jonathan is an avid college football fan and enjoys spending time with his family, traveling and playing golf.
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law, 2001
- B.A., Auburn University, 1996
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association Family Law Council (2014-2017 year term)
- North Carolina Bar Association 2017-2018 Family Law Council Equitable Distribution Committee, Co-Chair
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- AV® Preeminent™ rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite in Family Law, 2008 and 2012-2019
- Law & Politics Magazine’s “Super Lawyers” in Family Law, 2014-2018
- Law & Politics Magazine’s “North Carolina Super Lawyers – Rising Star” in Family Law, 2009 and 2011-2013
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute Graduate
- Best Lawyers® “The Best Lawyers in America” in Family Law, 2019
- James, McElroy & Diehl Attorneys Selected by Business North Carolina as 2019 Legal Elite
- 2019 Best Lawyers – several JM&D attorneys have been selected
- 2018 list of Legal Elite published by Business North Carolina magazine
- 2017 list of Legal Elite published by Business North Carolina magazine
- 2016 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 2016 list of Legal Elite published by Business North Carolina magazine
- 2015 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Jonathan Feit elected to Family Law Section Council of the N.C.B.A.
- 2014 list of Legal Elite published by Business North Carolina magazine
- Super Lawyers 2014 and Rising Stars 2014