Lauren E. Leader
Lauren Leader joined James, McElroy & Diehl in 2013, and she became a partner in 2018. She is the only family law partner in the firm who is licensed in both North Carolina and South Carolina. Lauren implements creative, no-nonsense strategies for issues relating to divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support (post-separation support and alimony), equitable distribution, domestic violence, alienation of affection and criminal conversation.
In 2010, Lauren received Bachelor of Arts degrees in both Journalism and Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Lauren then returned to her hometown of Raleigh, NC, where she earned her Juris Doctor from Campbell University School of Law in 2013. Lauren developed a passion for family law and client advocacy while in law school, where she participated in the Domestic Violence Project and was a finalist in the Richard T. Bowser Client Counseling Competition.
Outside of her client work, Lauren enjoys spending time with her friends and family, painting, traveling, and attending Myers Park Presbyterian Church.
- J.D. from Campbell University School of Law
- B.A. in Journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.A. in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
- Mint Museum Auxiliary
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Family Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute, 2018