Robert Havelka, a Charlotte, North Carolina native, focuses his practice on family law, including child custody, child support, spousal support, equitable distribution, domestic violence, and marital contracts.
Robert earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Sustainable Development and Agroecology from Appalachian State University, and received his Juris Doctor from Campbell University. Robert served as a Judicial Research Fellow with the North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts and clerked for the Hon. Kimberley Slayton White of the Virginia Court of Appeals prior to joining James, McElroy & Diehl as an associate.
Robert enjoys spending time outdoors camping, hiking, and kayaking in addition to spending time with family and friends in the greater Charlotte area.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Campbell University –Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, 2022; Legal Research & Writing Scholar
- B.S., cum laude, Sustainable Development and Agroecology, Appalachian State University –College of Fine and Applied Arts, 2018
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar, 2022
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Family Law Section Vice-Chair 2023-24