Simi A. Patel focuses her practice in all areas of family law including divorce, child custody and support, spousal support, and equitable distribution.
Originally from Orange County, California, Simi earned her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Philosophy from Seton Hall University, Master of Public Administration from Seton Hall University, and Juris Doctorate from Elon University School of Law. While at Elon Law, Simi was a founding member of We the People: Elon’s Constitutional Law Journal, and also spent a summer participating in a law intensive program in Den Haag, Netherlands.
The oldest child of immigrants from Kenya and Uganda, Simi has a passion for helping others as seen through her work with the Elon Law Humanitarian Immigration Law Clinic, Guilford County Teen Court program as a volunteer Judge and as a Guardian ad Litem in High Point, North Carolina.
- J.D., Elon University School of Law, 2022
- M.P.A., Nonprofit Organization Management, Seton Hall University, 2020
- B.A., Political Science and Philosophy, Russian Language Certification, Seton Hall University, 2019
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association