Best Lawyers in America© 2020 Honors Nine James, McElroy & Diehl Attorneys
August 21, 2019 (Charlotte, N.C.)—James, McElroy & Diehl, P.A. (JMD) is pleased to announce that nine JMD attorneys and one retired attorney have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020, the oldest peer-review publication in the legal profession. In addition, Jonathan D. Feit was recognized as Charlotte’s “Lawyer of the Year” in Family Law, a designation given only to a single lawyer in each specialty in each metropolitan area.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Almost 94,000 industry leading lawyers are eligible to vote (from around the world), and the organization has received over 11 million evaluations on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world.
For the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, 8.3 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 62,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Listed below are the James, McElroy & Diehl attorneys included in The Best Lawyers in America 2020. The number in parentheses indicates the number of years they have been listed in a particular area of law:
- Mickey Aberman – Corporate Law (8)
- Catherine Barnes – Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law (5), and Real Estate Law (2)
- Jonathan Feit – Family Law (2) and “Lawyer of the Year” for Charlotte in Family Law
- Rich Fennell – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (6), Commercial Litigation (10), Bankruptcy Litigation (7), Construction Litigation (10), Labor & Employment Litigation (10), Land Use & Zoning Litigation (10), and Securities Litigation (10)
- Ed Hinson – Bet-the-Company Litigation (14), Commercial Litigation (18), and White Collar Criminal Defense (14)
- Katie Holliday – Family Law (13)
- Russ Kornegay – Family Law (11)
- Gena Morris – Family Law (13)
- Preston Odom – Appellate Practice (6)
- Gary Hemric (recently retired) – Bet-the-Company Litigation (13), Commercial Litigation (14), Medical Malpractice Law: Plaintiffs (10), Personal Injury Litigation: Plaintiffs (10), and Professional Malpractice Law: Plaintiffs (10)