Alternative Dispute Resolution
While we take considerable pride in our abilities as trial lawyers, James, McElroy & Diehl fully embraces Alternative Dispute Resolution as an effective method of conflict resolution.
Alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation, provides clients the opportunity to negotiate and settle disputes efficiently and economically in a pre-litigation format. James, McElroy & Diehl prepares for these proceedings with the same level of commitment as when going to trial – working to structure the process based on negotiation, cooperation and mutual respect.
- Several James, McElroy & Diehl attorneys are certified by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission
- We frequently sit on panels for the American Arbitration Association, and also function as neutrals in other informal settings arbitrating a wide range of complex disputes
- Gary Hemric is a leading mediator in North Carolina, having served in more than 2,000 cases with a value of resolved claims in excess of $50 million dollars
- Pender McElroy frequently chairs panels for the American Arbitration Association in complex commercial and business disputes
- Sarah Brady is a certified family financial mediator
We present claims involving, but not limited to:
- Bodily injury
- Contract, Business and Commercial disputes
- Employment disputes