Committed to the Development and Success of Its Lawyers.
In your first years at James, McElroy & Diehl, our goal is to deliver challenging opportunities and mentoring options that will enable you to become a successful lawyer.
- The work ranges from giving daily advice to clients, attending court proceedings and depositions, to handling legal issues of significant size and sophistication. The quality of your work defines your involvement.
- New attorneys are given every opportunity to showcase their academic skills, practical thinking and raw talent.
- You will deal directly with clients and other parties at an earlier stage than your counterparts at larger firms.
- Our senior-level partners are here every day practicing law and mentoring associates – offering you insights that come from decades of their collective experience.
- All attorneys are encouraged to handle matters that interest them; no two lawyer’s experiences at James, McElroy & Diehl are the same.
- The atmosphere is relaxed, collegial, relatively fun and not internally competitive.
- New attorneys start off at a compensation rate which is competitive for firms of comparable size.
- Compensation is tied to performance and tends to increase much faster than at other firms, regardless of size.
- Attorneys are considered for partnership within five years; most who remain with the firm for five years become partners.
- There are no partnership “slots” for which associates compete; each person is considered on an individual basis.
While James, McElroy & Diehl generally fills its entry level positions through our summer associates program, we do accept resumes from interested third-year law students. Because the firm is known throughout the region for the character and talent of our attorneys, we only hire the most qualified candidates.
If you would like to know more about career opportunities at James, McElroy & Diehl, please contact Pender McElroy.