Financing – Lender and Borrower Representation
James, McElroy & Diehl represents lenders and borrowers in formulation, negotiating and closing a variety of commercial loans. Our Financing Lender & Borrower group negotiates the details of local, national and regional loan transactions – from simple loan documentation to the handling of all aspects of workout, reorganization, debt restructuring and bankruptcy.
With more than 50 years experience in representing clients on both sides of financial transactions, our attorneys have the practical knowledge to protect the best interests of our clients and avoid potential problems that may arise. In particular, our lawyers are well known for their innovative approaches to achieving favorable terms for our clients and complementing their overall business strategies.
James, McElroy & Diehl counsels clients on a broad range of lender and borrower issues:
- Drafting loan documents for lenders and reviewing loan documents for borrowers
- Counseling in the initial formulating and final consummation of loan transactions
- Assisting lenders and borrowers in restructuring problem loans
- Advising on asset-based lending
- Assisting with complex leveraged buyout financing
- Counsel for government-guaranteed loans
- Developing creative loan workout agreements and foreclosures